The Urban Kanga portable car seat has been designed to suit the modern urban family lifestyle and all your modern transportation conveniences. This foldable, lightweight car seat makes sure you travel with ease and enjoy every adventure. You won't have to delay travel plans again. This innovative design only weighs 3kg and fits in most standard suitcases. Meets European safety standards.
We love the Urban Kanga. Here's why -
Safety first: Meets European safety standards
Ultra lightweight: Just 3kg!
Taxi-friendly: Installs quickly and easily in any Singaporean taxi, Uber or GrabCar
Portable: Lightweight and foldable it is easily moved in and out of vehicles as needed
Long-lasting: Suitable for children 9 months to 4 years, weighing 9-18kg
This forward facing portable child restraint falls under the Group 1 Universal category, and is classified as a safety device in the case of an accident. As with all child restraints, correct installation and secure fastening of the child is a must.
Plus it has these great features also -
Fold & go feature.
Quick & easy installation - just 60 seconds!
Height adjustable head rest.
Air cushions in the head rest for additional protection and comfort.
Five point safety harness with easy adjustment.
Memory foam padded seat.
Water resistant mesh backrest.
Lightweight carry case.
Removable cover for washing.
The Urban Kanga's design maintains all safety requirements to keep your child safe, while enabling you to go where you want to. This car seat takes the weight and bulk out of your usual car seat, so you can have an easier time travelling with your child. Simply fold and go! Be inspired by freedom.
All Urban Kanga products are tested and certified to meet or exceed European safety regulations and carry the ECE R44/04 safety certification. To check your car seat's certification, you can look under the seat of your Urban Kanga. Details are printed on an orange label, and it should show that it is certified compliant to ECE R44/04.
Please read the following for further technical information on the Urban Kanga:
- The Urban Kanga is a forward facing car seat with a weight requirement of 9-18 kg. It is not convertible and should not be installed rear facing.
- Please check in your vehicle owner's manual that your car can fit a "universal" child restraint system approved to regulation number 44, 04 series of amendments, for general use in vehicles. If you've lost your manual, or you need to be sure, feel free to contact us - make an appointment with us so that you can make sure it fits in your car before you purchase!
- The Urban Kanga needs to be installed with a three-point seat belt, approved to UN/ECE regulation number 16 or other equivalent standards.
- The seal of approval and the approval number can be found on the orange approval sticker on the bottom of the Urban Kanga. This product has been classified as a "universal" child restraint under stricter conditions than earlier products.
- Please observe the instructions for using children's restraining systems in the operating instructions of your vehicle.
- The included user guide is full of important information. We recommend reading through it so that under proper care and installation, your child can maximize the protective properties of the car seat.
- When properly installed, your child's head should not rise above the headrest. If it does, you can extend it upwards to fit your child. If the headrest is fully extended and the back of your child's head still protrudes from the headrest without support, then the Urban Kanga is not the right solution for your child's build. You may contact us for a customized solution that fits your child.
What are the age requirements for the Urban Kanga?
This child restraint is suitable for children between 9-18kg (20-40 lbs) and around 9 months to 4 years old.
How is the Urban Kanga certified?
This product carries the European ECE R44/44 safety certification.
Where can I use the Urban Kanga?
As long as your car is fitted with three-point retractor seat belts, the Urban Kanga can be installed in the rear left, center, or right of the car in its forward facing position. It should never be installed with a two-point seat belt alone.
What if I want to install the Urban Kanda rear facing?
The Urban Kanga is designed to only be used forward facing.
Does the Urban Kanga fit in the middle seat of the back of the car?
Yes it does. However, it needs to be installed with a three-point seat belt. As long as it is installed with a three-point retractable seat belt in its forward facing position, the Urban Kanga can be used in the middle, left, or right of the car.
Is the Urban Kanga seat cover washable?
Yes it is! This information can be found in the user instruction manual that is included in the box, from page 54 to page 58.
I'm having issues with my Urban Kanga. What do I do?
Our team at Taxi Baby wants to make sure that you are able to use your car seat with ease of mind. If you've purchased your Urban Kanga from Taxi Baby, feel free to contact us for help with installation or any product-related questions!
Is the Urban Kanga airplane-approved?
The Urban Kanga is within carry-on limitations set by most aircraft. Generally, the Urban Kanga can be brought onto the aircraft, but we recommend checking the policies with your airline or calling them to check. Please note that while it can be brought on as carry-on luggage, it cannot be used in-flight. This is because the Urban Kanga has to be installed with a three-point retractable seat belt, while airplanes are only fitted with two-point lap belts.
What are the differences between the Urban Kanga and Cosco Scenera NEXT?
We've summarised the key differences between these two car seats (please refer to the table below). There is a significant lifestyle difference between the two seats - The Cosco is great if you plan to use a compatible stroller and allows you to have the child buckled in the car seat before the taxi arrives - then, just transfer child+Cosco into the taxi, secure the Cosco and away you go.
The Kanga needs to be installed in the vehicle before the child is buckled into it. This means the child needs to be safely buckled into a stroller, supervised by a companion, or waiting for you inside the taxi while you install the Kanga - then you can buckle the child into the Kanga. This can add a little 'loading time' once the taxi has arrived. However, if your child doesn't like sitting in the car seat while you're out and about, letting them sit in the stroller seat instead might make the Kanga more suited to your family.
(Click on the image to expand)
What are the folded dimensions of the Urban Kanga?
When folded, the dimensions are: L 58cm, W 34cm, D 17cm at the top and 18cm at the bottom.
Can the Urban Kanga fit in my stroller basket?
We've had success fitting it in the basket of some of the larger prams like the Baby Jogger City Select and Mountain Buggy Duet, but it's usually a bit too big for regular pram baskets. Another option is to hang the Urban Kanga's carry bag from the handle of your stroller.
Will the Urban Kanga fit on my stroller?
The Kanga is not designed to be used in the seating position of a stroller, or attach to a stroller with adapters (if you are specifically looking for this feature, consider the Cosco Scenera NEXT). However, many parents have managed to 'hack' the Kanga onto their stroller for mobility and convenience. We call these #strollerhacks, and most require the use of our #strollerhack pack which includes a small luggage strap (regular luggage straps are too long for this purpose), bungee cord and bungee loop. Most #strollerhacks mimic the mechanism of the Mountain Buggy Nano's universal car seat adapter, which is effectively and in-build luggage strap.